|The Humeston Fire Department was honored to find out that our Star
Series Heavy Duty Pumper, manufactured by Crimson Fire, was one of
thirteen trucks selected to represent Crimson on their 2007 national
The Humeston Fire Department took delivery of the pumper on January 5,
2006. The main funding used to purchase the truck was a DOJ grant.
Roger Parker, Midwest Regional Sales Manager for Crimson told us "your
truck is a very sharp looking piece of apparatus and we all thought we
needed to show it off".
Other fire departments that recieved the same honor as us were:
* Sister Bay & Liberty Grove Fire Department; Sister Bay, Wisconsin
* City of Brookings Fire Department; Brookings, South Dakota
* Bald Eagle Volunteer Fire Department; Bald Eagle, Pennsylvania
* Moneta Volunteer Fire Department; Moneta, Virginia
* City of Fridley Fire Department; Fridley, Minnesota
* City of Durham Fire Department; Durham, North Carolina
* Millington Fire Department; Millington, Tennessee
* Clinton Township Fire Department; Clinton Township, Indiana
* Whitewood Rural Fire Protection District; Whitewood, South Dakota
* Cresson Volunteer Fire Company; Cresson, Pennsylvania
* Carrolltown Fire Engine Company; Carrolltown, Pennsylvania
* City of Greer Fire Department; Greer, South Carolina
|Humeston Fire Department makes 2007 national calendar
|Humeston Fire Department makes 2012 Mercy One calendar
|On August 31, 2009 the Humeston Fire Department responded to the scene of a semi rollover.
Mutual aid was given to Garden Grove FD and several other area departments assisted as well.
After nearly two hours the driver was extricated and flown by Mercy One to Des Moines. He was
released 2 days later. Photos taken by Humeston First Responder Jan Lundahl and Humeston
Fireman/Humeston First Responder Erick Gunzenhauser were included in the 2010 Mercy One
|Humeston Fire Department makes 2010 Mercy One calendar
|On December 22, 2010 the Humeston Fire Department and Humeston First Responders were
called to the scene of a multi-vehicle 10-50 approximately 6 miles north of Humeston on US
Highway 65, just north of Derby, Iowa. They were assisted at the scene by Chariton Fire
Department, Derby Fire Department, Wayne County Sheriff's Office, Lucas County Sheriff's
Office, Wayne County Ambulance, Lucas County Ambulance, Iowa State Patrol and Mercy One
|The Humeston Fire Department is proud to support Mormon
Trail Athletics and the Mormon Trail Booster Club.
The Humeston Fire Department appears on the Mormon Trail
Boy's and Girl's 2014-2015 basketball schedule poster.